Ask yourself these questions:
- Is it measurable? Can I measure what this device is doing? Does it measurably affect fields or emissions put out by other devices? Does it reduce anything?
- Is there real (quality) science behind it? (eg. independent studies - not done by a paid company/consultants/lab; published in respected peer-reviewed publications; double-blind human studies OR studies done on animals; repeatable/repeated)
Examples of Highly Questionable "Protection" ProductsAn example of these products are things like Earth Calm or (Earthcalm). We have not seen any measurements that show Earthcalm does anything. We haven't seen any measurements that show it produces or puts anything out, or that it counteracts anything that is put out by other devices. We also have not seen any real science behind it. If you have - you are welcome to post it as a reply to this topic. Here is one video that opens up an Earthcalm device (we are not affiliated with the video or video maker):
Other examples are Q-Link or QLink, TotalShield or Total Shield or Total EMF Shield, Aulterra, BioPro, Orgone, Orgonite, Safe Space, and many others. In fact, there are so many things like this out there we cannot name them all. So please carefully apply the above questions when looking at EMF protection.
Sham EMF Products that Plug-InWhat's also interesting, is some of these companies now make a plug-in device that goes into outlets. No doubt they are taking advantage of the success of the Stetzerizer Filters - which actually measurably reduce high frequencies on the lines - and hope that people will think their product is somehow comparable. But they are not. They are not a filter - like in the video above they appear to be a complete scam.
Real EMF Protection - Measurable ImprovementAt ElectraHealth.com - our goal is to measurably reduce EMF exposure. We have had customers that say products like the ones listed above have helped. We have also had customers that say products like Earthcalm or TotalShield made them feel worse, that it definitely did "something" but they didn't like it. So, perhaps some of these products ARE doing something - but some could simply be cheap pieces of plastic sold to you at extremely high markup. It could also be purely psychosomatic. That is why we do NOT recommend or endorse any of these types of products.
What are other experts saying on this topic?
http://createhealthyhomes.com/cellphone_chips.php - Oram Miller, Certified Building Biologist
http://www.electricsense.com/6648/emf-protection-scams-chips-diodes-neutralizers-pendants-amulets/ Lloyd Burrell, Author - ElectricSense.com
I am having a new light put in, so if the electrician puts in a dimmer switch, but I never dim the lights, will I still have excess dirty electricity? Should I ask him to eliminate the dimmer switch completely? Thank-you.
my home has wells and septic tank built in 1963 I have the Original Galvanized Well tank. Electrician Hooked Copper Ground rods to hot water tank that is a rheem 9yo and later that night after new circuit box installed I turned on hot water in kitchen and heard a pop near the hot water tank. 2 weeks later leaks all under house and tree roots ruined slab all over. What Caused the POP? Owned home since 1978 everything is 1963 code until that ground was done. I have no idea if home has other galvanized/Iron under home. I really need Help with this. Nobody understands electrical current. I also have a mastercool swamp cooler and hot water tank they hooked to was gas.
I noticed that the YShield paints all recommend a grounding strap and a grounding kit which presumably they sell, yet ElectraHealth seems not to carry these products. How do we obtain the recommended grounding kits?
What would change our life is being able to go into stores again. Our main problem is being unable to go into stores or any building where wifi is because of the pain. Do you see any pendants or bracelets (body-worm items) that can enable someone to resume going into stores? If you don't, can you please provide one. We have tried QLink & other pendants without success.
We get pain from wireless tech. We don't own a cellphone, don't use wifi, don't have a smart meter and even finally after a 2 year search located housing in a very rural area with only 1 cell tower a ways away. Therefore, we don't have any significant problem in our home. (Although we aren't able to use one room because our meter, though analog, is recessed into a panel in our wall so emits too much LF. Any suggestions on this would be helpful as well.)
I want to purchase one of your analog meters but I need to know if the cover is glass and the back metal.
1) I just received my Stetzer Meter. When I take my readings, do I have to check both outlets in the receptacle or is testing one of them enough to get a reading?
2) Do I need to UNplug any devices in both outlets in a receptacle before taking the readings?
3) Should I test every receptacle in the room to be accurate?
4) Some of the receptacles can't be reached due to heavy furniture blocking them, Is this an issue?
5) Can I test a device for dirty electricity levels (like a TV) by plugging the TV into a receptacle outlet (say the top one) and then plugging the Stetzer meter into the bottom outlet of the receptacle and then taking a reading?
6) Is there a webpage that discusses experiments that can be done using the Stetzer meter? (I have already read everything at the Stetzer website.)
Customer support service by UserEcho